Recap:
*Tanner instructed Julian to capture, not kill Nate even though Julian would prefer to kill him.
*Tanner instructed Julian to capture, not kill Nate even though Julian would prefer to kill him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The following scene takes place a little before Derek's pack shows up on the cliff overlooking Tanner's estate. I decided to jump a little ahead chronologically in the last chapter so it would flow better, thinking it would've been odd to jump to this scene in the middle of Derek's pack running.
For the record, I'm a little uncomfortable with the next chapters. Not by the way they're written, but with what takes place. They're a prime example of how I feel like the story has taken control even if what's happening is what was planned. I hope that makes sense.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Gabriella stood and watched dispassionately as Julian prepared to go out. The sun was nearly set outside the window.
Julian saw her looking at him, and he took a few large steps to bring himself directly in front of her.
"Don't worry, Kitten. I'll come back in one piece, and I have been instructed not to kill your vampire love." he said softly as he reached up to cup her face with his hand.
She unsuccessfully tried to bat his hand away before she said, "I don't care if you come back in one piece or not, and you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not to kill Nathaniel if you'd just simply hand me over to him." She said it, but she doubted seriously that he would do as she recommended.
Julian chuckled deeply in his throat. "I said I was 'instructed' not to kill him, but if I get the opportunity to do it and get away with it, believe me, I will do it gladly. He is an obstacle that needs to be removed." He could smell the cold fear coming from her, and that gave him an idea.
"What do you mean 'instructed'?" Gabriella asked, trying to mask her fear.
"Tanner wants him taken prisoner. I don't really care why, and I'm not happy with his order. I may need to find another alpha once again. If that's the case, I'll take you with me when I leave." he said, his eyes drinking in her features as his thumb caressed her cheek.
"You've had other alphas?" she asked, trying to delay and distract him.
"Many."
She studied him for a second before she asked, "How old are you?" She didn't care if he was offended by the question or not.
"That's a relative term." she said, continuing to distract him. "Old like you should be a grandfather old? Several hundred years? Stone circles old?"
His eyes took on a curious gleam as he said, "Interesting you should mention stone circles."
"You avoided answering." she pointed out. Then, she couldn't stand not taking the bait he threw out, "What do you mean by that?"
He shrugged noncommittally, "Only because of what you are."
"I don't understand."
He looked at her in mild disbelief. "Haven't you wondered why there are so few of you?"
"Are there few of those like me? Seems to me I'm running into them everywhere."
"Because you have steadily been killing each other over the years." he continued with his earlier statement like she hadn't spoken. "You swear you don't know this?" He waited, curious.
"I only found out what I was a short time ago. I thought I was just weird."
He chuckled and said, "No wonder you were so easy to capture." He caught her hand as she reached up to slap him, her fury rampaging across her face. He laughed outright now before he said, "Much as I'd love to stay and chat, I have a vampire I need to try to figure out a way to 'accidentally' kill." He held onto her wrist as again he felt curious about her reaction.
"No." she whispered, her anger dissipating quickly. "He's not been really good to me either, but he doesn't deserve to die."
Neither did Charlotte, Julian thought angrily. Pushing that anger aside, he quickly took this opening to execute his earlier idea. "What will you do for me if I don't kill him?"
Gabriella's eyes widened in horror. "That's .... that's extortion!" She took a step back, pressing her back against the wall.
He kissed the knuckles of the hand he still held captive. "Maybe." he stated, his eyes twinkling with mirth. "But I want you."
"You said you wouldn't hurt me." None of my visions prepared me for this. I have to get out of it somehow.
"And I won't. I want you to give yourself to me willingly." he said huskily, taking a step forward to close the gap between them.
"You're despicable." she spat at him.
He shrugged and said, "Maybe I am, but I'm also a man. And you are a beautiful woman that is under my 'protection'."
Her eyes narrowed as she said, "Like you protected me from your alpha's mate?"
"That, sadly, was out of my control, and it's another reason I want to leave this pack." He sighed in an over-dramatic way and continued, "I guess I'll have to kill him then."
"Please, no." she begged.
"Then agree to my proposal."
She shook her head and said, "No. I can't."
He dropped her hand and said, "No matter then. I can wait. I am a patient man all things considering. I'll kill him, and you'll eventually come around." He turned and made his way to the door at a normal pace.
"Wait!" Gabby cried as he'd made his way halfway across the room.
Julian turned, his eyebrows raised in question as he asked, "Yes?"
I'm crazy for doing this, but Nate is definitely outnumbered.... and if Julian can keep him from being killed.... "Fine." she said and tried not to vomit.
Julian tried not to gloat. He hated the disgusted look on her face, however, and his gloating mood turned sour. He got another idea. "Since I have no time to see that you'll carry through on your end, how can I know you're telling me the truth?" He started back towards her.
Gabby shook her head hopelessly. "I don't know."
"I do." he said as he stood directly in front of her. "And it's really quite simple, but it will tide me over for now." He looked into her crystal-blue eyes and said, "Kiss me."
No. "What?"
"You heard me. I need a little assurance that you're not going to go back on your word."
Gabriella's heart raced as her eyes darted around. She'd honestly hoped she wouldn't have to follow through on her end of the deal, and she hadn't expected him to want anything immediately.
"I'm waiting, Gabriella." he said in a commanding way, leaning towards her to make it easier.
She backed her head up as far against the wall as she could because he'd started getting too close.
"It's very simple, you know." he pointed out laconically. "Just press your lips to mine. Easy."
"Why are you making me do this?" she whimpered.
"I explained that already." he said in an exasperated manner. "You're wasting my time. Either do it or I won't take you at your word."
She closed her eyes and turned her head away from him as her breath came out in painful shudders.
Julian snorted derisively and said, "I see." He straightened up, looked down at her, and prepared to go.
"No!" Gabby said in a panicked voice, and without letting herself think too much about it, she did as he asked, hoping it would be brief.
Julian had no intention of the kiss being brief. He greedily wrapped his arms around her with one of his hands holding the back of her head in place as he hungrily opened her mouth for more.
Gabby let out a small cry, immediately regretting her hasty decision. Julian continued to demand more out of her, reminding her of the horrible night she had a few nights ago. She struggled to break away from him, but he wouldn't have any of that.
His hands roved over her unchecked while he had her pressed back against the wall behind her. This had gone much farther than she even dreaded for it to go, and she felt violated by his lack of restraint. When his hand cupped her between her legs, she managed to jerk her head to the side in her shock.
"No." she whimpered.
"Oh, that's not what we agreed to, Kitten. You're mine. You said so yourself, and I intend to take full advantage of this short moment before I have to go out and show mercy to the undeserving for you." he mumbled into her neck while she fought against the pleasurable sensations between her thighs.
He lifted his head and held her eyes with his as he said, "Besides, I want to give you something to carry you over until I can return and really pick up where we'll leave off."
She reached her hands down to try and pull him off of her, but he, almost angrily, caught both of her hands in his other one and pinned them above her head, now even more determined to prove his dominance.
"No, Kitten. You're going to feel this. Feel me and what I can do to you." he said as he picked up the speed of his hand.
"Ah!" she cried out, still fighting against the will of his hand. "Please."
"No need to beg. Take it." he commanded, deliberately mistaking the reason for her plea. Not too much time went by, and Julian watched her as her breathing became labored. He leaned down and claimed her mouth once again. As he shoved his tongue into her unwilling mouth, her body tensed against him, and he forced her to repeatedly feel each wave as it struck. He pulled back once again to watch her aggravated expression that was often overshadowed with a softening of her eyes that could only mean she couldn't fight off the consuming pleasure anymore.
He smiled at her spunk at still trying to resist him no matter what her body told her to do. Then he kissed her forehead affectionately and said, "Until the morning at the latest, my kitten." He left her leaning against the wall as he exited the room.








Gabby :'(
ReplyDeleteThat was cruel. Julian forced her into that, and he knows it. How does he think that will help anything? Surely if he cares about her then he wants her to be happy, and she clearly won't be happy about this and never will be. She's Nate's. End of.
But... At least we now know Nate won't get killed, but I do think Gabby should have had a little more faith. I think Nate could have handled himself, especially as Marge and gang are en route.
Saying that, Gabby had no way of knowing her mother was even helping, and she probably doesn't know Nate quite well enough yet. Plus, you'll do anything for the ones you love.
I'm sorry you're not liking your own story right now! For the record, I'm still loving it :)
Julian isn't a saint, and he's under a lot of stress after Charlotte's death, Gabby's pregnancy, Tanner's overbearing-ness... He's still mourning Charlotte. He feels affection for Gabriella enough to not really hurt her, but other than that, she's pretty much a tool.
DeleteGabby SHOULD have more faith! I think that's what really bugs me about this whole thing is how easily Gabriella bent to Julian's demands. Except yes, she doesn't know what's going on other than Nate is trying to cause trouble with a large pack of werewolves just because of her. She doesn't know her mom is even back in town (or, the other town)(or, not far away). She thinks she's being a brave hero.
It'll get better. The next chapter is going to be fun. Then it goes downhill again. :/
Hey! It's me! Oh, I have to say it's okay! I'm completely fine with stories going any place, as long as it is reasonable and within the story then anything is possible and should be acceptable. So really get into it I'd say!
ReplyDeleteAs for this chapter wow! I've never really liked Julian and I guess I don't really like Nate either...but Nate is at least 23x better than him, who seems a bit crazy, deranged, egotistical, and well etc etc.
Also! I think Julian couldn't kill Nate if he tried! So there! Also like gemly, I'm still enjoying the story no matter where it leads :D
Hey!
DeleteI think what's bothering me is the darker direction this story is going. I'm not used to that. I like my rose-colored glasses tyvm! :)
It's only going to get darker even where it's not expected. /sigh. It's all to achieve the ending I want.
Well said! None of these characters are good, but some are less-good than others. Julian's suffering from losing Charlotte, and that makes him a tad unpredictable.... crazy, deranged, egotistical, and well etc etc
hehe
Exactly! Nate is one tough cookie against several weres with that gift of his.
Thanks. :)
Gabriella made a mistake. Ugh. Julian is horrible. Nate will be a lot harder to take down than Julian thinks. Julian seems to hold something, a secret or some edge, and he feels he won't lose. I guess the edge he holds is Gabriella. She should have more faith in Nate. To give herself to Julian to try to protect Nate will have Nate spitting silver nails at the wolf pack. heh
ReplyDeleteShe did, a rash mistake.
DeleteHehe, Julian is in for a surprise. He's never seen anything like Nate before.
There's a bit of mystery behind Julian that will be sort of explained soon.
Silver nails LOL!
Julian really is a bastard! Poor Gabriella was in really spot there. I det why she agreed to his terms, but yeah, big mistake.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what happens!
Mhm. Gabby didn't know what else to do except agree to it even if she should've had more faith in Nate.
DeleteAnother update wed. :)
Gabriella's attraction to Julian just disturbs me. I understand she's caught in a terrible
ReplyDeletesituation, and she's trying to bargain for Nate's life and keep him safe, but I can also see the
attraction she feels for Julian and I find it disturbing that she would still feel that way
towards him even after he raped her. In other news, that was an interesting conversation they
had about Grabriella's kind. I'd love to hear more of that tale.
She's not really, really, really attracted to him. It's more like she feels like he's the only protection she has against that crazy pack. So, even though part of her hates him, she still feels like he's the only one she has to turn to.
DeleteMore about the witches? I've got it worked out in my head, and I don't know if it's going to come into play in part IV or not. If nothing else, the sequel if I get around to that. :)